- About Us
- News and Announcements
IDEA Scholarship (Inclusive, Diversity, Equity and Access)
WACAC will provide scholarships to first generation, low-income students who are pursuing higher education in Wisconsin. Scholarship recipients will receive a one-time award of $500 to be used towards higher education expenses during the 2013-2014 school year.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Be of first generation background (Neither of your parent(s) has obtained a four-year degree from a U.S. college or university).
• Demonstrate financial need and/or be eligible for free or reduced lunch.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) in all college preparatory courses.
• High school senior attending a WACAC member public or private high school in Wisconsin.
• Planning to attend a WACAC member 2-year or 4 year public or private college or university.
Students must complete the scholarship application and submit all required materials listed on the application form. The application must be received or postmarked by March 29, 2013 to be considered for the scholarship.
Required application materials:
• Completed application
• Official high school transcript
• Write a 300-600 word essay
• Counselor verification
Donate to the IDEA Scholarship
WACAC accepts donations from individuals and organizations to help fund the IDEA Scholarhips. Visit us online to find out how you can help!